Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthdays!!!

Happy Tuesday folks. My blogging has been at a minimum lately. Not that I don't have a million stories, a million funny things to discuss about my goofy sons & our misadventures, but life is in a rush these days. Luckily spring break is coming next week so I won't have to think about school for a few days. Anywho lets move....

So as you all know by now, I have started a new company called Jump Jumpz. I rent out Jumpers & cotton candy machines for kids birthday parties. It's a lot of fun, not too much work, but work none the less. I get to meet all of these different families & be apart of providing a bday memory for kids. I loved bday parties as a kid. My mom gathering everyone around, bbq & GIFTS! All of us kids running around with our friends, it was always a good time. But I never got to have that real big party. With jumpers, pony's & cotton candy. I never had that experience to have the biggest bday party of the year that was talked about for years. Well thats what motivates me to give my kids the best bdays I can. I want them to remember it & talk about it years later.

Part of the issue when I was a kid was timing. My birthday is June 20th, so most of the kids had already left for Summer vacation. I couldn't talk to any of my friends from school because school was out. So yea, it sucked! Now on to my kids. I go above & beyond for their bdays, usually doing too much. Like last years faled attempt for the whole fam & a few friends to get together for Daevon's 7th bday at Great America, or a couple years ago when we tried to have Isaiah's 4th party with 60 invites at Chucky Cheese (GHETTOOOOOO) & lets not forget an oldie but goodie, Daevon's 3rd bday where I caught on fire & was told to stop drop & roll by my then 9 year old kinda neice Chin....good times...NOT! Woo sah. Moving on.

So I started Jump Jumpz in honor of that. Giving kids a birthday bash is a lot easier now. There are so many places to have a party. The problem is, cost. That crap is expensive! We spend at least 1000 a year on both of our son's parties. $1000! We have 2 kids. So we are spending 500 for each child, just to eat cake & ice cream & play with their friends at places like Chuck E Cheese, Bounce A Rama, The Jungle or Pump It Up. It's insane! That doesn't even count what we spend on cakes, food & gifts! So Jump Jumpz was a brainchild for families to give their kids the best party ever at a reasonable price. I will NEVER charge a family an arm & a leg just so their children can have the birthday party of their dreams. That's my goal. To be the Walmart of birthday party places.

We celebrated Isaiah's birthday party at Bounce A Rama in the Great Mall in Milpitas. It wasn't too expensive, but we could only have a small number of kids there. 8 in total! What kind of experience is that for $300 bucks? So after that, my oldest son/future business partner Daevon said he wanted a big Jump Jumpz party at a park so we can invite EVERYONE we know so they can have fun on our jumpers & want to use them for their parties. The kid is a GENIUS! I swear! He says he wants to invite so many people so we can give out all of our cards & get a lot of money this Summer. Ahh man, this kid is gonna muscle me outta my business when he's 10! So we will have a great bday party for Daevon, & open the invite list up for anyone we know who wants to come enjoy time with our family & test out the Jump Jumpz equipment for their future events. Mark May 7th on your calenders folks, details coming next week :)


Until Next time
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment